Support Is Welcome!

What Do You Have To Say?

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Expression

I just feel like writing today. For some reason I can’t really explain, it’s making me think about the need to write itself. What is it that provokes us to do this simple act? Why do I feel like doing it some days and not even consider it on some other days? Sitting in a small hostel room, with a song playing in the background and the lingering freshness of rain that fell, my fingers just feel like expressing unknown feelings, despite my aching head screaming in protest.

I’ve often wondered why it is that some of us have this habit of writing, a need that doesn’t always make itself heard, but remains in the background, and you know that you’ll give in to it now and then. This has always been a very comforting habit, because it never gets in the way of anything I do, but helps me when i need it. Eventually it struck me that writing is just another form of expression, something everyone can do, just with different effects.

All of us can express our emotions in some way, some sing, some dance, some paint. What we do to express ourselves differs for each person, and that just shows the value of having something to do it with.

I’m actually considering right now if this is something worth publishing here, so if you are reading this that means my need to express won that battle.

In the end, it is not the relevance of what you write, but what it means to you that matters. A hastily scribbled note may sometimes have more value than a huge work of fiction. That is what makes this simple act mean more than to those who do it on their own free will, just like the singing does for the singers and the painting for the artists.

Unfortunately, now it’s time for me to leave the peaceful word of letters and go back to the real world. But I guess that means I will publish this after all, because it means something to me, and that’s all that matters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

.