Support Is Welcome!

What Do You Have To Say?

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Career Indecision




As I mentioned earlier, with Entrance exams looming, I happen to be going through a phase where I’m not entirely sure what I want to do with myself. And the fact that all my classmates have been replaced by nerdy zombies doesn’t really help either!
I suppose the core of my indecision is the fact that I’m not really into doing what everyone else in Kerala plans to do for a degree…………*drumroll*…..Engineering (yay!) .
So that leaves me in a real dilemma as I look for a suitable degree that won’t leave me high and dry someday in the future, and now that I’m able to look at the situation objectively, I’m starting to realize just how shallow our education system really is !
In a nutshell? Take an engineering degree or screw up your life!
So what happened to options and free will and all that stuff?? And this whole problem is compounded by…..you guessed it……the tuition ‘industry’ that we have blooming in our dear ol’ city! (not that I can complain, having gone for tuitions myself :P)
But the thing is, when I think about the conditions prevailing here, about how everyone goes for tuitions and then engineering and thingy ( haven’t forgotten medical aspirants, but that’s a story for another day ! ) , it reminds me of a kinda factory…….churning out engineers, like the stuff they show in Star Wars movies.



So I ask you, is it wrong to choose the path less taken? Do something creative with your own life? Make your own choices? Or are our wiser ‘advisors’ right? And we should just do what everyone else does, because it’s a safer option?
I guess that debate won’t sort itself out anytime soon, and my decision will probably have to be made and reinforced by circumstances……
But hey! At least I managed to add a new post…….cheers!

6 comments:

Veda said...

Hey!! didnt know u blogged!! Awesome! :D

Your echoing similar thoughts i had when i was stuck where you are. I am not going to tell you what to do, i'll tell you what will help:

~take an aptitude test. a good one not some sleazy sh*t.

~once that is done, use mr google and 'write down' your options, career wise ie.

~options in place, try asking urself which of them you see urself doing.

~Find out courses available. Colleges that provide it.

~talk to people.LOTS of them.find bloggers, old friends, relatives. Listen to all of them.

~close urself in a room, pump up the volume. and think.not daydream.

as for this blog, i'm following you!(blog terminology for stalking you :P) SO u better get more creative more frequent! ;)

Cheers!

The introspective wanderer said...

hey thnx !
actually you contributed to this blog you know! I just found yours and thought I'd try it out too. And I'll keep that stuff in mind while selecting a course....so keep following.....I promise to think up more wacky stuff soon enough :P
And btw your blog rocks !

Unknown said...

Dude!!!Im goin through the same thing!!!I wanna do something with my lyf rather than sit in front of a PC doin stuff I dont care about!!!

Great blog btw...

The introspective wanderer said...

Thanks bro !
Nice to see that I'm not the only one who wants to defy tradition..... :P

Veda said...

Woah! cool :D and thanks...shout it out there though ;)

The introspective wanderer said...

Lol..... will do ;)

Post a Comment

.