Support Is Welcome!

What Do You Have To Say?

Friday, May 15, 2009

Going places!!! Or not?

You know, one of my biggest dreams is to travel the world someday. See the pyramids, visit the Eiffel Tower, and maybe even live in London for a while.
Why London? Because it’s always cloudy and has a quaint feel. The fact that the place is probably packed with classy British women helps too!
But the biggest attraction going places holds for me is the traveling itself. I guess I was bitten by the travel bug (or whatever they call these imaginary bugs these days!) when we used to get on the train from Delhi and come home during the holidays. This was back in my LKG to first standard days, but those train journeys are going to be etched in memory forever.
So ever since the end of school I’ve been planning on making good on my ‘backpacking’ aspirations. Maybe the Eiffel Tower may have to wait a bit but hey, plenty of India to see right?
And it was with this burning hope that I approached my parents one fine morning when Dad was reading the paper and decided to ask their opinion.
It went something like this:


Me: Dad, I was thinking, is it ok if some friends and I went for a little trip after my exams?
Dad: Trip? Where to?
Me: Well, I’ve kinda always wanted to visit Darjeeling but for now maybe Bangalore or Mysore, or somewhere?
Dad:*lowers paper* I see. And where do you plan to get funds for this little ‘trip’?
Me: Ummmmmmm, funds??
Dad: You see, I’m saving up my LTC and not enjoying its benefits so that you can go to a decent college you know?
Me: (Damn! Didn’t see that one coming!) I see……
Dad: However…….
Me: (Ever so slightly hopeful) Yeah?
Dad: How about you go to Kanyakumari?
Me:??!? (sigh).

So there go any immediate hopes of chilling in Switzerland or wreaking havoc in the French countryside Mr. Bean style. But I’ve got time on my side. Get filthy rich, and paint the town (or the world) red! Yeah!

2 comments:

Veda said...

hmm i know wot that would feel like!but hey kanyakumari aint that bad ;) anyplace with friends would be fun ;) oh and red huh?? AwesSOmEneSS!!!

The introspective wanderer said...

Yeah......guess kanyakumari won't be too bad..
Just posted coz i found tht conversation kinda funny in a weird sorta way :)

Post a Comment

.